Hi Nolan, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself, your background, and your current book.
- I was born in Biloxi, MS and educated at NC State University. I’m an American author who loves reading and writing gay romance/erotica set in historical backgrounds and spending time with my husband Jim, going for long walks in nature parks, dining out and taking in the occasional movie. I’ve been with my husband, Jim for almost sixteen years, and we were married two years ago, shortly have the US Supreme Court ruling allowing gay people to marry throughout the United States.
- American Flyboy is my first book and it is a highly readable, erotic M/M romance set amidst the backdrop of World War II.
1) Do you buy a book because of the cover, the blurb, or something else?
- I admit I’m first drawn to a book if it has a great cover; ultimately, I buy the book, if after reading the free sample, it resonates with me.
2) What does ‘romance’ mean to you?
- The enjoyment of your lover’s company and the pining in their absence.
3) What are your current projects?
- My next book is also a historical piece that takes place just prior to the beginning of WWII. The main character’s father is a powerful admiral in the navy who refuses to part with the family tradition of sons joining the academy and therefore the main character is forced to give up his dream of attending Stanford to become an engineer. That’s until he meets a man, who also has a love of engineering, on the train they share to Annapolis, MD, where they are about to face the rigors of Plebe Summer as they enter the US Naval Academy.
4) What is the most difficult part of writing for you?
- I suppose it’s the proverbial blank page or writer’s block. If I’m blocked, I will either start jotting down anything that comes to mind about the scene I’m working on or I will move ahead further in my outline and see if I can start writing there.
5) Tell us something about yourself that would surprise people.
- I didn’t begin writing until I was 49, and I regret not starting younger.
Book Name: American Flyboy
Release Date: December 5, 2015
American Flyboy is a highly readable, erotic M/M romance set amidst the backdrop of World War II.
The story is fast-paced and characterized by the believability of its characters, notably the protagonist, Lt. Kenneth Hellman, and the romance that develops between Kenneth and Colonel Wilhelm Braun. The erotic reader in search of well-nuanced, sexy love/lovemaking scenes will not be disappointed; the author is gifted with an affinity toward creating realistic, absorbing sex scenes.
Pages or Words: 163 pages, 55,260 words
Categories: Erotica, Fiction, Gay Fiction, Historical, M/M Romance, Ménage/Poly
Wilhelm whispered in soft breaths, “Raise your hands above your head, Kenneth.” Standing behind him, he pulled the grimy POW uniform top over his head and inhaled deeply. “I find your scent intoxicating.” It was unexpected, Wilhelm’s warm breath gently caressing the nape of his neck; Kenneth’s breath quickened. Loosening the silk blindfold, Wilhelm allowed the soft, smooth fabric to glide over Kenneth’s massive, broad shoulders tapering to a V-shaped torso and down his naked back.
Shuddering at the sleek sensations, Kenneth asked, “Are you trying to seduce me Wilhelm?”
In response, Wilhelm stepped closer and pressed his body into Kenneth’s. Wrapping his arms around his waist, Wilhelm kissed him innocently. “I’ve wanted to do that from the first day we met.”
Kenneth kissed him back softly, lingering. He felt safe and whole.
Coaxing Kenneth’s lips apart, Wilhelm’s tongue entered his mouth, tickling the sensitive palate with light flicks. Their lips crushed together with bruising kisses. Wilhelm broke away, gazing longingly into Kenneth’s eyes. “To answer your question, Kenneth, I am guilty of feeding a wounded POW a wonderful meal, relieving his pain with fine brandy, delighting him with romantic music and drawing him a hot relaxing bath of chamomile salts to soak away the stress of a bad day. Your glass is empty. Why don’t you finish undressing and ease into your bath while I get you another drink.” Wilhelm’s voice trailed off as he left the bathroom. “It’s baffling how you arrived at such an audacious conclusion as seduction.”
“My mistake,” Kenneth called after him, laughing to himself. He kicked off his dilapidated work shoes and pushed his boxers and grungy work pants down his long, muscular legs. Raking his strong fingers through the water, heightened the aroma of chamomile, and he inhaled the relaxing scent before slipping into the warm liquid heaven. His tired muscles released their tension as he submerged his body to the neck. Kenneth held his breath and slipped his head under. As he closed his eyes, his exhaustion seemed to float to the surface, and his thoughts drifted to Wilhelm, charming, handsome, tall and strong. His cock swelled to a full erection as he surfaced and rested his head against the back edge of the tub. Wiping the water from his eyes, he inhaled deeply and faded into sleep.
Buy the book:
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1NdNSRY
All Romance ebooks: http://bit.ly/1NDG0cV
Amazon UK: amzn.to/1kaDJNS
Amazon Canada: http://amzn.to/1RydeAo
Amazon India: amzn.to/1SAUfog
Amazon Mexico: bit.ly/22LMZuo
Amazon Brazil: bit.ly/1mDsxv9
Amazon Germany: amzn.to/1ONOKD5
Amazon France: amzn.to/1Z6T4g8
Amazon Spain: amzn.to/1Z6TmDM
Amazon Italy: amzn.to/1JvfXYW
Amazon Netherlands: bit.ly/1TFCFhh
Amazon Japan: amzn.to/1PLdB7A
Amazon Australia: bit.ly/1Pg63qz
Meet the author:
N.D.Clark was born in Biloxi, MS and educated at NC State University. He is an American author who loves reading and writing gay romance/erotica set in historical backgrounds and spending time with his husband Jim, going for long walks in nature parks, dining out and taking in the occasional movie. He has been with his husband, Jim for almost sixteen years and was married two years ago, shortly have the US Supreme Court ruling allowing gay marriage throughout the United States.
Where to find the author:
Facebook Author Page: http://on.fb.me/1OS68Dl
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14741496.N_D_Clark
Publisher: N.D. Clark
Cover Artist: Graphicxdesigns
Tour Dates & Stops:
Happily Ever Chapter, Alpha Book Club, Mikky’s World of Books
Unquietly Me, Book Lovers 4Ever, Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents
MM Good Book Reviews
Elisa - My Reviews and Ramblings, Scattered Thoughts & Rogue Words
Love Bytes, BFD Book Blog
3 Chicks After Dark, Inked Rainbow Reads, Prism Book Alliance
Divine Magazine, Bayou Book Junkie
Havan Fellows, My Fiction Nook, Foxylutely Book Reviews
Giveaway Link: PDF copy of ‘American Flyboy’ by N.D. Clark